Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Hospital Bag for the New Mommy

I wanted to make sure I was ready to go to the hospital, but I had no idea what I would need. I looked around online and this is what I ended up taking and using:)

2 Pillows - You will want something more comfortable for you and for whoever might be staying with you. We only brought 1 and it would have been nice to have one for me and for Daniel.

Thin Robe - This was REALLY nice. I put this on over my hospital gown as we walked the hallways.

House Slippers - They are really comfortable and needed as we walked around.

Baby Book - I actually found time to fill it in. You also don't want to forget any of the details.

Toothbrush/Toothpaste

Hair Dryer/Make-Up - This is optional. I was in the hospital from Tuesday - Saturday. On Friday, I was ready for a shower and to feel a little bit normal. It felt good to blow dry my hair and put some make-up on. We also took some pictures that were half way decent while we were in the hospital.

Boppy - This has been the one baby item we have used the most. We use it to hold her and put her in to sleep. LOVED it!

Cute Baby Clothes - We had fun dressing her in clothes that were not hospital shirts and blankets. You also need something to take her home in.

Soft Baby Blanket/Swaddle Blanket - I have told everyone to buy one nice swaddle blanket. Some babies don't need to be swaddled. Genevieve did not need to be swaddled. We use coccoons my cousin Lisa made if needed. However, if your baby does need to be swaddled, you can always buy more. I do think once she moves to her bed, we will use sleep sacks.

Going Home Outfit  for Mommy

Dad's Bag: Don't forget to pack a bag for the dad. We went into the hospital unexpectedly and I ended up having to pack Daniel's bag quickly and he didn't have everything he needed.

0 comments: